Thursday, May 14, 2009

Indian Democracy at its best

Election over and the parties have started looking for companionships

Pre election :
Congress found BSP leaders as incapable and the prime accuse behind the setback of the state of Uttar Pradesh
Mamta di with Sonia on her side left no stone unturned to grandstand the ineffective governance of left front in West Bengal

I met a person who was standing in front of me at the polling booth waiting his turn, for his finger to be dyed blue which later turns black like the fate of our nation. Oops we are growing democratic and secular nation so we should not be speaking this. Often elders asked me to practice my right when I grow up and bring in a change. I cast my vote, only to found myself in the same mess again.

So to save this nation from getting destroyed, I thought of taking the advice of that elderly person and I asked him, “Whom do you think have been able to rule the nation for the betterment of this citizen. Who do you think is the best emerging leader for our nation”. Undoubtedly, he was not very satisfied with the results of his hand. Neither the hammers could help him; neither the lantern could show him way in the darkness. Elephants were too costly to be maintained in his limited capabilities.

Anyway, with all my knowledge, I exercised my power and tried to stop the hand. I brought in the leader who was exposing all the weakness of hand in my locality just few days back. He was the man of solidarity and wanted to raise his voice against the lackluster government at the centre.

5:00 PM: Closing bells rang for polling. 30 minutes and I heard that the same fellow, I passed my veto, is looking for the companionship with hand. Oh my God! So that hand is back at the center with new energy to rule for another 5 years.

Those of you who are laughing on my fate, be careful, I am wondering if there was any choice.

In Kolkata, there were only 3 parties: Left, TMC and Cong. TMC & Cong were already together, so the only option was left, which also reconsidered to join hands with Congress in just 30 minutes post election. They think so fast.

Similarly in UP, BSP, SP and Cong contested elections against each other and are now planning to solder their relationships with few cabinet posts. Mr. Election Commissioner, why don’t you put up an NSA against such political parties who bluffed millions of mass through their faux passes?

Truly the best way to practice our fundamental democratic rights. I am not sure how ecstatic I will be for the next election.

1 comment:

  1. hii, Nishit
    Me and sm of my frnds hv started an E-zine called Reader's Quotient, It is totally for a noble cause. I came across ur blog in my quest to search talented writers and felt worth to inquire if u shall be interested to come along us,
    If yes pls contact us on sangeeta.goswami@readersquotient.com

    waiting for ur revert
    regds sangeeta
    www.readersquotient.com

    ReplyDelete